Implementing a new ERP software system for your company can seem stressful and tricky. When it comes to growing your business, you want to be sure you are on the right track for your success. Knowing some tips and tricks will help make things easier when starting the software selection process.
Some of the best practices for the software selection process are as follows:
- Ensure that the software allows you to tailor it to your needs without intensive programming.
- Finding the right partner to help implement the software is more important than the software itself.
- If you are considering a cloud contract, read all of the fine print regarding renewals, discounts, and data ownership.
- Do your research first, then make a decision on your top 3 to 5 software packages to engage with. Many software packages share similarities; looking at too many at once can create confusion.
- Prior to purchasing, require a customized demo that showcases how you specifically would use the software.